If you advertise on various social media platforms, you know how frustrating it can get when trying to use images on each due to their different image formats and size requirements. Thanks to Landscape, Sprout Social’s new image resizing tool, you no longer have to worry about getting the right size image, whether you’re using it on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of the leading platforms.
Introduced in mid-March, Landscape is available for use to business owners, social marketers and creators of content all over the world. It provides a quick and easy way to crop and optimize images for the different social networks and types of posts you can use. It is totally free and requires minimal computer skills. You can use the same picture to create several replicas for the different platforms or you can use different pictures and modify them to suit your needs.
How it works
Using Landscape is simple and easy to understand with easy to follow steps. The app can be found on the Insights page on the Sprout Social website and is one of many tools developed by the company to help social marketers create and distribute content on the platforms they use. The steps for using Landscape are as follows:
- Upload the selected image to the page on Sprout Social. Find it here.
- Select the networks for which you want to resize the image. The platform currently supports image formats for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ LinkedIn and YouTube.
- If you are planning to use the image for a social network that is not listed, you can click on the “Custom” box, which allows you to enter your own resizing dimensions.
- Select the type of post you want to create with your image. Options include profile images (Facebook, Twitter etc.) and In-stream wide photos.
- Go ahead and crop the image, all the while ensuring you are selecting the best parts of the image and taking care not to crop out any essential content.
- Once completed, a ZIP file will be created with your newly resized images, which are also automatically renamed to indicate which network and setting they will be used for.
- You can then import the files and share them accordingly on the social networks you desire or you may use another Sprout Social tool called Sprout to schedule the posts on their respective platforms.
How this helps
Working with images is a must if you’re serious about encouraging engagement with your brand followers. Studies show that images and videos are much more engaging than text. On top of that, social networks such as Instagram and Pinterest are highly visual, so high-quality images are needed in order to properly use them. As a busy person, constantly resizing images to suit the different platforms can be time-consuming and relying on the auto-resizing option available on these social media sites could mean that your image is not displayed properly or valuable information might end up being cropped off.
Using Landscape will help to save you time and money as it streamlines your image sizes with the requirements of each platform and gives you control over what is cropped; plus you can easily schedule your posts using Sprout. Do you see Landscape becoming a valuable tool in your social advertising efforts?